Belmont Computer Vision Syndrome Treatment
With so many careers and jobs relying on technology and computers, many of the people in Belmont come to us concerned that their vision is affected by staring at a computer screen all day. Computer Vision Syndrome is actually characterized by a group of vision and eye related problems that are the results of extended periods of time working on a computer screen.
Many simple habits can be changed in order to improve your eyesight without sacrificing your livelihood. With just a few tweaks to your regular routine and a visit to your optometrist at Accuvision Eye Care, you can get rid of the discomfort that comes from Computer Vision Syndrome.
Symptoms of CVS
Common symptoms of Computer Vision Syndrome include:
- Blurred vision
- Shoulder and neck pain
- Dry eyes
Your symptoms may be caused or exacerbated by poor posture, a glare on your screen and even poor lighting in your office. Your symptoms may also be more noticeable if you already have vision problems, and the more time you spend on a screen, the more likely you are to deal with pain and discomfort.
How to Counteract Computer Vision Syndrome
While treatment for CVS often involves special glasses or lenses specifically for computer use, we encourage our patients in Belmont to change some basic habits to protect the eyes.
- Place your computer screen in a position where there is no glare from outdoor or indoor lighting.
- Always use a comfortable, padded chair that conforms to your body.
- Adjust your chair height so your feet sit flat on the floor.
- When you use the computer for long periods of time, always rest your eyes for 15 minutes every two hours.
- If you spend 20 minutes looking at a computer, look away for 20 seconds to give your eyes the chance to refocus.
- Try to blink frequently in order to keep your eye surface moist at all times.
Proper viewing habits and regular eye exams from your Belmont optometrist can make a world of difference in dealing with CVS.
Give Us a Call
When the people of Belmont need an optometrist they can rely on to improve their vision, they come to us at Accuvision Eye Care. Call us today at 704-866-9599 to schedule an appointment with a qualified eye doctor.